Sunday, September 14, 2003

We've been busy these past couple of days & its been pretty fun. Thursday night Ray took me to this place called "Maggie Moos". Its an ice cream shop a lot like Marble Slab only I think overall its better (better interior, more for your money, more options, etc.).

Anyway, Ray's boss had taken him before only he couldn't remember exactly where it is. In the end it turns out its right outside the entrance to our place, only about a mile away from our actual apartment. It was so good too.

Friday was spent doing the usual-work, piano & I made a quick trip to B&N. But Friday night we had our first "Love is a Decision" night with a bunch of other young couples from the chapel (I didn't realize how many we have there!). There was even a couple there who had gotten married less than two weeks before. I did feel bad for Erin though because she & Nathan were the only couple there not married. :( Its hard to convince someone that it won't be that bad waiting because I know that it still seems like forever away. I'm telling you, time goes by so much faster after you're married.

Anyway, the second Friday of each month we'll be meeting for dinner & then to watch one of the videos in the series by Gary Smalley. I've always liked him. He has some great books & so far the videos are really good too. And I didn't think I would have so much fun hanging out with everyone but it was really nice. And I have to admit it was fun with it only being couples too. :)

I'm looking forward to finishing the series-I wish we didn't have to wait another month. The videos are really insightful & thankfully the guy has a great sense of humor so I was cracking up through most of it.

Yesterday Ray worked ALL day. I stayed home ALL day (with the exception of returning some videos to blockbuster that I almost forgot about!). But I spent yesterday cleaning. I don't mean scrubbing sinks & stuff but organizing/decorating the family & dining room. I was very pleased with myself (I still am!). It looks so much better & I keep going to look at it because it looks so cozy. I'm making my coffee right now to go sit & study out there. I surprised Ray, I didn't tell him I was doing it, but he seems to like it. The true test comes when mom sees it though-& you've got to be honest with me about whether or not it truly looks good even if I am excited myself.

Last night we drove out to Ray's dads for a couple of hours. My step-mother-in-law had made a homemade pound cake yesterday & it was SO dleicious. I'm mean really really good. All this exercising isn't going to pay off if I eat like that.

So now its Sunday, chapel is soon & I have a lot of studying to do. Plus Ray & I are starting a study in 1 John tonight to help prepare the young people for the youth rally.

Ta-ta!

No comments :

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...