Sunday, October 22, 2006

(Wrote this Saturday night but blogger wouldn't let me post)

This has been such a long day. Thankfully I was feeling much better today than I was yesterday. I’ve been looking forward to the Sunday School picnic for awhile & I made sure to rest a bunch last night so I would hopefully feel well today.

Ray & I had to take separate cars to the picnic because he had to leave shortly for work. Unfortunately, just outside of our neighborhood, I looked in my rear view mirror & Ray was no longer behind me; instead there was an SUV in the middle of the road & I just knew that Ray had been in an accident. I immediately started looking for a place to turn around & whipped out my cell phone to call him. He didn’t answer but I turned around quickly & made it back to him.

Thankfully, Ray seems to be okay & so was the woman who pulled out in front of him. He had the right-of-way, was going straight, & she somehow didn’t see him & turned right in front of him. He hit the brakes but still ran into her. There’s a bunch of front-end damage to his car and, as silly as it may sound, we’re praying that it’s totaled.

The car is pretty much a lemon & we were about to start some repairs on it in order to sell it anyway. If it’s totaled that would save us so much hassle!

Anyway, it took the police about two hours to arrive so we were at the accident for about three hours total! Ray never made it to the picnic & I was only there for about 45 minutes. My dessert went bad in the car but I did get to see the Nunley’s for the first time in months. That was actually one of the only reasons I still went to the picnic.

We’re both pretty tired tonight, especially after standing outside in that hot sun for so long (I was a “witness” so I had to stay to talk to the officer – plus I didn’t want to abandon Ray!). So, I through in a frozen pizza for dinner & we’ve been vegging out. Not too bad of an evening.

No comments :

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...