Friday, December 01, 2006

SHE'S HERE!!!!!

We don't have a name picked out yet but its kind of fun getting to know her first. She was born at 10:07pm, 8 lbs. 7 oz., and 20.5 inches long. Dark hair, blue eyes and, in my opinion (which is totally biased) so cute!

Ray & I are both exhausted, he was so incredible & supportive, & helpful. The whole process was truly amazing. It was the most painful thing I've been through, but it wasn't nearly as bad as I would have imagined it to be. I must say, that I am amazed at woman who give birth without drugs in a hospital where you can't be nearly as mobile as I was at the birth center. If I wasn't able to move around I'm not sure if I could have done it natural. And the tub was amazing, I didn't get an episiotomy & I didn't even tear! After 41 hours I'm very sore but feel pretty good.

One cool thing is that Ray got to catch the baby. I was in the tub alone (it was most comfortable for me that way) so as she was coming out I was able to reach down & just pull her up to my chest. It was amazing!

She's an excellent & vigorous nurser with a great latch.

I'll try to post a real birth story later but for now I'm too tired. Thanks to all who have checked in & been praying!

No comments :

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...