Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Starting a new "normal"

Addison left with my parents last night leaving us back to a family of four again (for a few days at least).

This morning I dropped Ray off at work and then took the kids to Joann fabrics - it was so nice to be able to look just a little more leisurely than normal. They have some great sales going on, including an extra 50% off their clearanced fabric!

I then stopped at the mall in order to buy a birthday gift for Jen. By the time I got home it was already noon and time for lunch and naps!

I spent the rest of the day doing little household tasks, taking care of the kids & making two receiving blankets for Clay. Pink is fine while we're at home, but I don't want to take the poor guy out with pink blankets! :)

We left to pick up Ray & then went to Jen's surprise birthday party. There were a lot of people there & it was great seeing so many - some I hadn't seen in over two years!



Me, Jen & Gabriel




My guys!




I'm exhausted now. Last night was rough, Clay was up a LOT - I'm not sure if I ever slept for a solid hour before being woken up again last night. Even still, I can definitely tell a difference in my stamina. It was so helpful having my parents' help all of those days - it was so nice being able to do little things like nurse Clay without constantly getting up to take care of the girls at the same time.

People have also been bringing us meals which is SO wonderful. I love to cook but it definitely takes up a bit of time and leaves you with an extra dirty kitchen. Last Thursday Rach brought us dinner & they all stayed to eat with us (so fun!) and as a bonus she brought us paper good and plastic silverware to use so that we'd have even fewer dishes for awhile. I think it takes a mom to see the beauty in such a gift - I thought it was a great idea!

I'm hoping these next couple of days with just the two kids will be enough for me to be up to par by next week.

No comments :

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...