Friday, February 25, 2011

What I'll do for some extra cash

-I'll lose some sleep
-I'll spend an hour doing a job I very much dislike
-I'm sure there's more, but, this is what I'm doing tonight.

I was scheduled to work until midnight. Actually, they didn't have the hours open so I was only scheduled to work until ten. One of the nice things with this job is that if you don't want to work you can give away your hours & let other people work them for you. Someone so desperately wanted to give away her hours tonight that she offered an extra $15 cash to work her two hours. I desperately needed the hours & didn't mind the extra cash, too!

Tonight, the woman messaged me & asked if I'd work until 1am for her & she'd pay me another $15. You know I like to shop and I can't usually fall asleep until close to 1am when I work until midnight anyway so it was pretty much a no-brainer!

Thankfully, work is a little slower tonight that it has been lately & I had some time to look through the new PB catalog. I came across the new "mirrored" collection. What are your first thoughts when you see all mirrored furniture?



Maybe it's the mom in me but my thoughts were: "Man, that could break so easily. Imagine all of the smudges that would get on it, it would always look dirty."

3 comments :

Moo said...

My first thought was "That looks like something from the 80's". You are totally right about it being smudged all of the time. I'm really regretting my glass table in the kitchen so I could imagine the regret following this purchase!

Erin said...

Personally, I can't stand the mirrored look... but it's so popular right now that there's no escaping it.

Jessica said...

Yeah, the only thing I'd consider that would be easily smudged is stainless steel - I think it's worth it!

Erin, i completely agree that, in general, the mirrored look is ugly.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...