Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Play dates on hold

Monday night while I was working Clay started getting a little out of sorts. By the time I finished work at midnight he was fussing in his sleep & he ended up being sick, poor little guy. I finally went to bed around 1:45 that night but was up for a good part of the night. Thoroughly exhausted. (both of us!)

At first I thought it was maybe just allergies but we backed out of the play date anyway, just in case. Good thing as Clay woke up from his nap with a fever.

Addison desperately wanted to have a picnic "with pizza, like a long time ago!" We didn't have pizza, but, we did have our afternoon snack outside to enjoy the lovely weather.



Yum, peanut butter.





Kate was very happy when Dapper joined her on the picnic blanket




Addison joined the party






While we were outside the girls also went on the swing, played in the little turtle "pool" & played with chalk. Addison "decorated" Kate.





After going inside I gave Clay a bath. I didn't empty his bath before getting him dressed & when I turned around the girls had climbed into Clay's bath. Guess they didn't feel like waiting for me to fill up the tub for them!




Last night Clays' fever spiked at 102 (the highest he's ever had) & it was another long night for both of us. Thankfully, Jen already had to bump her visit to later in the week so I didn't have to cancel on her today.

I was exhausted by this morning & was able to fall back asleep around 6:30. Shockingly the girls allowed me to stay in bed past 8! Turns out Addison took matters into her own hands & went into the kitchen & made "breakfast" for she & Kate. And by breakfast I mean: marshmallows, smarties, craisins & mandarin oranges. When I got out of bed I found a brand new pound of butter opened on the counter with a chunk taken out of it. Addison told me Kate was hungry so she fed her butter. Quite a balanced meal, wouldn't you say?!

I'm hoping for a good night tonight & some return to normalcy tomorrow.

2 comments :

Lisa said...

HaHa! I love it! Great breakfast :D This entry, and youswitching rooms with your sister, both gave me a chuckle tonight, thanks :)

Megan said...

I love your kids funny antics and I'm so glad you post so many pictures of them. I miss seeing you guys.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...