Saturday, March 05, 2011

Soccer!

Ray has been talking about signing Addison up for soccer for awhile now. Addison has been all for it until it actually came time start practice and she became all nervous. I totally felt for her, but, I really wanted her to try it. I think (know) she'll like it & that it will be a really good experience for her to play.

Addison will be playing with a church league. We found it because the bus stop Ray goes to picks up at this church & we've seen kids playing in the field next to the church before but they hadn't been there for awhile. When I picked up Ray a couple nights ago we saw a gentleman out there & Ray went to talk to him & found out that the first practice/team assignments were this Saturday! And, it's only $30 for a seven-week program!

I was really pleased with the first meeting today, it actually reminded me of being at camp! I think it was partly due to being outside in a field to play sports but also largely due to the general countenance of the coaches. I really appreciate the emphasis they put on instruction and good sportsmanship rather than competitiveness.

Suiting up






Nervous & waiting to start the first practice




I know I'm biased, but, I think Addison looks so cute standing out there in the pink shorts she chose (which, we had to return for a black pair!)




Kate really wanted to play but she won't be old enough until the Fall!




Clay was so tired that he fell asleep in my arms.




Even though Addison wasn't too sure about it at first, about halfway through the practice she told me, "This is so much fun!"

No comments :

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...