Saturday, June 04, 2011

Grass Slipper

I saw this nail color the other day & absolutely fell in love! It's a happy color for me & I love seeing it on my toes. (Sorry, this is the best photo I could get while I was working tonight)



How has your Saturday been? I'm really happy with ours. I worked until midnight last night & got up this morning, nursed Clay & took him to the grocery store with me at 7:15. I was trying to go early so that we wouldn't lose much of our day in case we decided to do something.

I wish Target would open before 8, but, as Publix was already opended I picked up a handful of things there & THEN went too Target. Where I used my hard-earned gift card (courtesy of work) for a mocha coconut frap. I still can't believe how much I like those things. I'd been looking forward to it all week. I just sat in Starbucks sipping my drink, glancing through some magazines & chatted with some of the baristas. It was a slow morning so one of them came over & sat with me so we could talk. Such fun!

I finished my grocery shopping & amde it home around 9:30...to find everyone STILL ASLEEP. I guess that's what happens when good-time daddy takes them to the pool & for a night time snack at Wendy's at 9:30 the night before (they were so excited about that, it was too cute!)

While everyone ate breakfast I started making meals & cleaning out the refrigerator. I also made a trip to Goodwill & back to Target (I forgot to buy curry powder!) & when I got home the kids were resting so I made Ray & I some iced espressos & we sat in the living room together reading our magazines that came in the mail today: Success for Ray & Lucky for me.

My parents are coming tomorrow & I wanted to make sure our home was free of cat allergens before they arrived so I began dusting, vacuuming, mopping & washing the sofa slip-cover & my bed spread. I still think it would just be easier to get rid of the cat...

Anyway, I only had to work 3 hours tonight, I was hoping to watch one of my tv crime show guilty pleasures but Jumpin' Jack Flash was on instead - talk about taking me back 20 years!

No comments :

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...