Sunday, June 12, 2011

Nostalgia

Today there was a marriage celebration for an old friend. He got married a couple months ago in Minnesota so this was a get together for them in Florida. I'm so bummed that I had to work & wasn't able to make it to Orlando!

I'm so glad my mom got to go, though. But, seeing her photos & reading her post about it only made me more bummed!

The photos were full of old friends, many I've known since I was four years old & many of whom I haven't seen in a long time, some not for years & definitely not all at the same time.

I absolutely love my life now, but, the time I had growing up with all of these dear friends (who really are like family) that I grew up with was incredibly special. Seeing the photos of everyone made me so nostalgic for my friends & for that time in my life that I felt like I could've cried. I know, it doesn't quite make sense, it's just that weird happy/sad feeling.

I totally wouldn't trade my life now, but, I would've loved an afternoon with everyone!

2 comments :

aliann said...

I really wish you could have come! I was thinking how it was kind of like a LHBC reunion.

Jessica said...

It sounded like it, Allison! We should have an "official" reunion sometime! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...