Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Paper Flowers Tutorial

Besides using my home for the bridal shower last week, my biggest contribution was to create the centerpieces. Emily loved the idea of paper flowers (& so did I, I had just saved an idea for some before she mentioned it!) & chose green & black as the shower colors.

Emily found a specific flower that she liked & I got to work finding papers, cutting them to size & folding, folding, folding!


Usually during the kids' nap/rest time I fold laundry. Last week I folded paper. Over 150 3x3 inch pieces of paper! Aren't they pretty, though?



I'm not going to give you a tutorial because the one from the site I used was excellent. So, if you want to make your own beautiful paper flowers follow this Kusudama (Origami Flower) Tutorial.

To create the centerpieces I trimmed the trees in my backyard. No, really, they needed trimmed & I strategically left them outside so that I could trim the branches just right to make the "stems" for the paper flowers. (Actually, I was too lazy to clean up the branches before I left for my vacation & when I got home I realized I could use them for the center pieces.) Yeah, I planned that!

For the vases I took some of the empty wine bottles I had, soaked the labels off & spray painted them black.

Somehow, I forgot to take a decent picture of any of the centerpieces. And, I gave them all away - I just couldn't stand to have them taking up all of that space in my house (I have enough decorations stashed everywhere doing the same!) but I also couldn't bring myself to dump them straight into the garbage.

This is about the best I can do for a photo of the centerpieces, I cropped it out of a larger photo from the shower.



They actually went really well with the decor. I felt like the black vases were a bit of a gamble but they kind of helped to anchor things.

Now, I also feel like I could become addicted to origami. I miss folding all of those little papers...

No comments :

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...