Saturday, November 05, 2011

Time

Housework is something you do that nobody notices until you don't do it.  ~Author Unknown

Today was another glorious day. The weather was perfect and Ray took the girls to the air show for 11 HOURS while I stayed home with Clay. It was so fun getting to spend the day with him! I really feel like I get to know my kids better when I get some one-on-one time with them.

I was also afforded that elusive thing called timed today. Time to get things done - like run errands to multiple places and take just a little more time to look around and make wise buying decisions. Also, time to organize. I hate when things aren't organized. I firmly believe that our kids have way too many toys (Ray doesn't share this view with me). I find that they take everything out & once they're not organized the toys are not played with as much.

And, futile though it may be, I organized the toys again today. And, while it will probably be a disaster by Monday, it sure makes me feel good to see the tidiness tonight.

‎Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing is like shoveling the walk before it stops snowing.  ~Phyllis Diller

1 comment:

  1. "Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing is like shoveling the walk before it stops snowing. ~Phyllis Diller"

    Oh so totally apt! I love how right after I mop the floor, one of them spills something :)

    Am jealous of your organisation right now. My house is a bomb-site! :)

    ReplyDelete