Friday, February 17, 2012

Nutella Love

Today I bring you Nutella Latte and Nutella Frappuccino.



After the chocolate Nutella hearts I made for the Valentine party last week I had a lot of Nutella leftover. I couldn't just keep eating Nutella lollipops! (doesn't that sound better than calling it eating off of a spoon?)

First up was a Hot Nutella Latte.

This is really simple enough. Brew espresso. (this is still my favorite espresso maker!)



While espresso is brewing heat the milk (my preferred method is the stove-top) & whisk in a heaping spoon of Nutella. Depending on your like of sweets, you may even want to add a pinch of sugar, it helps to bring out the flavor in the Nutella without scooping in extra Nutella.



You can froth your milk (I don't) & I'm sure this would be best topped with whipped cream, but, I'm out! It was still delicious.



When it comes to the frappuccino, the below ingredients are a necessity:



-ice
-2 teaspoons instant coffee (trust me, instant is best in this recipe!)
-1/2 C warm water
-1/2 C milk
- 3 T sweetened condensed milk
-nutella

I have good word from a friend that adding a pinch of xanthan gum helps to keep the drink from separating, but, I don't have any.

First, dissolve the instant coffee in warm water.




Add milk




Add as much sweetened condensed milk as you like to get your desired sweetness!




NUTELLA! (again, as much as you like, at least 1 T)




Top with ice & your ready to blend.




Thank you, friends, for gifting me a magic bullet to make baby food, it sure does come in handy!




Again, just imagine a big dollop of whipped cream on top!


5 comments :

Lisa said...

Wow. Talk about inspiring cravings! I haven't had Nutella in ages (I gave up sugar, plus Evie has a tree-nut allergy). These look super delicious!

Rachel C. @ Three Little Birdies said...

I knew that Bullet would serve a purpose! ;o) I know Erin and i are happy its being put to such good use after Mr. Clay has moved passed mashed food. ;o)

Morgan said...

YUM! That stuff looks dangerous!

Rachel C. @ Three Little Birdies said...

Oh my goodness. I just made this. I've only taken one sip but it is GOOD! Thanks for sharing Jess!

Jessica said...

Yay, glad it hit the spot! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...