Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Whirlwind

Last week was AMAZING!

I had four days of leadership training for Classical Conversations in Virginia last week. They were really long days & my brain was fried with information.

One of the things I really appreciated about the training is that they don't just bring in others to train you - we were trained by the National Director, Assistant National Director & the founder of CC, Leigh Bortins! That woman is such a visionary and an inspiration. (it takes a lot for me to say that about someone!)

The other thing that I loved is that the entire first day of training had no job specifics - it completely focused on character & ethics. Hearing & seeing first hand that the people who run the company are living what they believe is awesome. I have such a deep appreciation & admiration that they successfully run the company with a Biblical worldview.

Our training group with Leigh Bortins.


Our training ended Thursday so a small group of us made a trek into DC that night. We had the best time! Seriously, the friendships made last week were priceless & I'm so thankful for the experience. We had the best time hanging out & nearly every conversation turned into a theological discussion. I also couldn't have asked for a better roommate, we got along great! We were both totally game for relaxing at night eating french fries in bed & watching videos online. Until 1:30am. There's a reason we needed Starbucks every morning.

While in DC we found this courtyard in the middle of the city with a wonderful little restaurant names "Arias." We utilized their walk-up window & ate outside while enjoying the live music. While we were sitting there the presidents' helicopter flew overhead! This was our view. We all commented that it felt like we were in a movie.



FYI: The monuments in DC are beautiful at night.






With training over I had a day to kill because my flight didn't leave until Friday night. I ended up spending the day with one of the regional managers & ended up dining with our CEO & Leigh! That was something else.

Remember how I said my brain was fried? I also had a migraine that day. So, when the CEO asked me what the most important thing was that I learned that week my eloquent response was something along the lines of, "Uh, wow, I really can't think of the most important thing right now, it's all a blur."

Great job, Jessica. I've never been good with a quick response.

That aside, the entire week was a wonderful experience. I came home greatly encouraged & with a renewed outlook!

No comments :

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...