Tuesday, October 01, 2013

Weekend Shenanigans

Friday morning we had a playdate/rainbow birthday party at Erins' house. I wasn't sure if I'd make it due to necessary preparations for my tutor meeting that night, so I didn't tell the kids we were going until about 15 minutes before we had to leave!

Isn't the food cute?? FYI-the kids devoured more fruit than cupcakes!


We had a great tutor meeting that evening! We started off the night with prayer requests/praises & discussing ideas that have been working for everyone in the classroom. I loved hearing from everybody and building up those relationships!

The science projects are pretty fun this quarter as we're studying astronomy and the solar system.


I really really love our astronomy project for week 12. I bought a HUGE 720 foot roll of black paper & the students will poke Christmas lights through the paper to make constellations. It looks so pretty!


Saturday morning I took Addison out for a little date. I surprised her with her own hot chocolate and we walked around the store. We both tried on some of the silly head accessories - they're actually kind of fun!




Saturday is "bean day" in our house. This is the day I soak & cook all of my beans for the week. This past Saturday I made a nice double batch of hummus and pumpkin pie roasted chickpeas. I roasted my chickpeas much longer than called for in the recipe (I like mine super crunchy!) & I used brown sugar. I also simply used canned pumpkin as I didn't have pumpkin butter.



I spent some time sorting clothes in the girls room. This little guy kept me company & was captivated looking at his reflection.


After church on Sunday we went with a large group of friends to Sweet Tomatoes for lunch - made possible with a buy one get one free coupon! (and the fact that Clay went home with Miss Esther for the afternoon)


It was a fun & productive weekend!

1 comment :

Tricia said...

Are those pumpkin pie chick peas?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...