Monday, November 25, 2002

Well, I FINALLY started a blog. After reading Megan's (my dear "little" sister") forever I thought I'd give it a try. (Megan, don't you feel special, you're the first link on my page?!?) :) Hopefully I'll have enough time to keep up with it. Things are incredibly busy right now. Today I had a macroeconomics test. It might not have been so bad if it weren't for the fact that:

a.There are only three tests in the whole class, no quizzes, homework, projects or anything
b. I missed the first test & can only make it up the last week of classes
c. There are only two weeks left of classes & I still don't have a grade in that class because it depends on how I do on the three tests in the next two weeks!

So, that was part of the problem. Things are just too busy (& I've been up since a little after 5 this morning - I had to get up early to study after all!). I work 24 hours a week at a small legal firm as a secretary. This is only my fourth week there but I really like it, the attorney & everyone else who works there (all 6 of us) are really nice. And a bonus: Barnes & Noble is right around the corner from the office & since I get an hour for lunch I like to head over there & look at magazines. The fact that there's a cafe in there that serves Starbucks coffee helps too (especially those brownie frappuccinos!). :) Sometimes I use my lunch break to study. I should probably do that more often. But why would I when I could be filling my head with so much useless information. Did you know that Ben Affleck is the sexiest man alive? (Don’t you wonder who decides this stuff? Do they take a poll to find out who people thing the cutest guys are & then just line the pictures up, close their eyes & pick one? I hope their finger points to Mel Gibson next time!)

Wednesday afternoon I leave with my most wonderful & incredible husband of 6 months, Ray, to drive to Kentucky for Thanksgiving & my brother's wedding which is on Saturday. I'm so excited about that! After the wedding we're going to Tennessee where one of Ray's grandfather's lives & we'll leave there Monday afternoon to head home. We probably won't arrive back in Sunny Florida until very early in the morning. So, I hope I can get some sleep in the car because I have a calculus test that Tuesday & then my calculus final on Thursday! Is that crazy or what?!? Why do we have so much work to do for school all at once? Is it an evil plot by professors who are bitter about all of the work they had to do in school & now take it out on us poor sleep-deprived students? ANYWAY, Thursday night my computer project is due & I have my final test (which is easy-open book) & Friday I have my accounting test. I hate studying. I'm really bad at studying. That's probably what I should be doing right now. And as much as I've been disliking accounting I'm actually thinking about majoring in it. What's wrong with me?!? I'm also thinking about marketing, but I still have another year & a half to decide so what’s the rush, right?

Well, this whole writing thing is kind of fun. It makes me wonder if people are actually going to read it. :) Right now Ray is working on his car brakes with Conrad. I made a pizza for dinner (I love pizza, definitely one of my favorite foods) & now I’m trying to figure out how to add certain things to my blog template. I might need to enlist the help of my much more computer literate sister. Well, this is all for my first blog posting. Maybe I’ll add more later tonight, who knows?

No comments :

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...