Tuesday, June 10, 2003

The official start of summer is still 11 days away but the heat is here & the rains have begun. I like the summer afternoon rains. As long as it doesn't rain all day or anything they can be nice. And as long as I don't have to be anywhere, I'm not sitting in traffic, wanting to go to the beach, and.... I like it raining if I can stay home & drink coffee or go to Barnes & Noble & read & drink coffee. Is that asking so much???

I was leaving for work the other day when I saw two kids out riding their bikes. "Why aren't they in school??" is what was running through my mind until I remembered school's over with for summer break & they have all the free time in the world. I SO miss that. The problem with summers now is that they feel like any other time of the year. I'm still working & going to school, I still have to cook & clean & all of my other friends either live far away or are busy working too so even if I do have a day off I'm stuck alone. Good thing I like being alone. Sometimes.

No comments :

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...