Tuesday, September 23, 2003

Today is the first day of fall! Yea! I love summer so much but the Lord made the seasons just the right length because I've been ready for fall to start for a couple of weeks now.

Of course living in Florida you don't get a huge change in seasons but a couple of days last week the mornings were really cool & perfect fall weather. It made me want to open up the house & let the breeze come in-not go to work & sit inside an office all day. :p


Right now I'm sitting in our office watching my stats class & its still pretty dark outside. That made a little hope rise in me that maybe those cloudy skies meant that there was cool weather to go with it, welcoming the first day of fall. So I opened the front door and...the weather is miserable. Not miserable as in rain or anything but its just...there. Its blah. I was disappointed.

But if you sit inside & just look out the window you can grab a cup of coffee & make yourself believe its nice out.

---

There is something to be said about taking classes online. I always thought they'd be more difficult but now I'm convinced to take as many as I can. Here's my list of reasons to take an online class:

1. You can watch them whenever you want.
There is self-discipline involved in this because you have to actually make sure you watch them

2. If the class gets incredibly dull, easy, or has an unneeded review, you can do other things. (case-in-point)
It seems almost every class has at least one dim-witted person in it, asking the same question over & over again, or that the professor goes over the same point so many times you'll scream if you have to hear it again.

3. You can watch your class naked if you want.
Or with a margarita wine cooler, whatever your preference

4. If you miss something the professor said there's no need to panic and sneakily glance at the notes of the person next to you-just rewind the video.
This is also great for exams. If you fall behind you can watch all of the videos right before the exam & then the info's all fresh in your memory.

If you can't tell, my frst exam in this class is tomorrow, another reason I've been pretty non-existent lately.

No comments :

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...