Wednesday, October 22, 2003

Don't you love vacations? I wish I had the time & money to travel anywhere I wanted whenever I wanted. Actually, if I could just have one those transporter things like on "Star Trek" that would be really great. Add one to my Christmas list.

Asheville was so nice. It always is. It was fun getting to be there with my family this time but Megan was sick most of the time. I felt bad for her...we were eating all of this great food & she just watched.

We ate at the Bistro restaurant at the winery on the Biltmore Estate. They have such good food. REALLY good food. Its kind of pricey though so to help keep costs down I ordered pumpkin bisque. (You mean a bowl of soup will only cost me $5.95?? Wow! What a deal!) It was...different. At first it was a little weird but I thought it started to taste better the more I ate it.

The leaves on the trees were changing colors too. I was hoping it would be more vibrant but it was still pretty. I thought the trees by our cabin were really nice. We stayed at Cabin Cove Farm again, the same place we stayed at nearly two years ago when Ray & I got engaged. :)

------

After meeting up with everyone Friday morning & relaxing at B&N for hours (very nice, with my caramel macchiato) Ray & I went to the Biltmore & then our whole family went again on Saturday.

We ended up spending most of our time at the winery on Saturday. I went to the wine tasting room with Brett but unfortunately they didn't believe I was 21. Not that I lied to them or anything, I just didn't tell them otherwise & I didn't have my ID with me either.

When Ray & I went back on Monday though they just let me pass on through. It must have been because there were so many people in there. I just acted nonchalant & flashed my ring at them. Being married really seems to carry weight with people.

I really wanted to buy some wine but I didn't feel like spending anymore money. It was nice trying them though, they have a really good sweet white wine. (I'm ready for another wine party mom! Its been three years now hasn't it?)

We left for home around 6:30 but right after we got on the I-40 I realized we had left our pillows at the cabin. That added about an hour to our driving time. Pepsi was my friedn driving home taht night (although Ray did most of the driving) & we got back around 5 in the morning.

------

Right now I'm really wanting vanilla ice cream with Hershey's syrup. That's what I'm eating when I get home. What's really sad is that I'm trying to majorly cut back/cut out sugar & caffeine from my diet. But its just wrong to mess with a woman who has PMS so that diet change is not working well for me today.

Man, still two hours left of work. Hopefully it will pass by quickly.

No comments :

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...