Thursday, November 27, 2003

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!!

It's so nice to be home this morning. At this time on Thanksgiving last year I believe that Ray, Matt, & I were still driving in the car through Kentucky.

I bought our pecan danish last night, to which Ray replied, "Why? I don't like pecans." But it's a tradition with my family so he said he'd try some. :) Plus, I picked out one with LOTS of icing (& tore out a piece with my hands while I was still in the car last night)

Ray's still asleep but I got up just in time for the parade. Its stinks, but I have to do laundry & ironing this morning. I guess I don't HAVE to but my determined (compulsive?) nature forces me to.

Ray's dad's family is ahving Thanksgiving at 1:00 today, so we're going there first, probably for just about an hour), & then we're going to visit with his mom & her side of the family. We'll actually eat with them. His gradmother had him tell me that she's making the mashed potatoes. :) She's the only one who can even come close to making the wonderful mashed potatoes that my grandmother in Kentucky does.

Truth be known, I want to get to the Sherwood's early enough for there to be left overs (please save me some grape leaves & pie!!!-especially if there's any toll house pie, yum!) Ray said we should be tehre around 7 or 8, but I don't want to get my hopes up so I try not to think about that.

Anyway, here's a pic that Megan posted on her blog:




That's my dad all dressed up for one of his movie rolls. He plays a boxing ring announcer. And he must be pretty good at the acting thing because when I here descriptions of some of the characters he plays they don't seem to fit him at all. GO DAD!

No comments :

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...