Wednesday, November 26, 2003

I can't believe tomorrow is Thanksgiving! I also can't believe how much I'm looking forward to it. But when I think about, the part I seem to be looking forward to is being at home all morning relaxing, watching the parade on tv (a tradition!) & drinking my coffee. And, of course I'm going to buy a pecan danish from Publix like mom does every year (I think Megan may have some bitter feelings coming back at that thought). :)

I'm also looking forward to going to Orlando tomorrow night. I hope we make it to the Sherwood's in time to see some people. Going over there used to be a "normal" Thanksgiving. But it seems like forever since I've done that. I guess that means there's going to have to be a new normal, although I'm not sure what it is yet.

I know we're visiting with Ray's family tomororw. I'm assuming we'll first go to his mom's & then his dad's. I never realized how much divorce could screw up things for extended family too. Because I don't mind visitng all of them, but it takes twice as long as it should, plus his dad lives out in the middle of no where.

Anyway, I'm going to leave you with a little poem. I've been meaning to post this since I found it but kept forgetting until Megan reminded me this past weekend. I found this poem in our old sewing machine we bought at the antique store a couple months back. It's a yellowed pice of notebook paper with fancy pencil penmanship. And I was shocked as I read it-not what I expected to find in our sewing machine! Its very funny, enjoy.

He tried her on the porch,
He tried her on the chair,
He tried her on the windowsill,
But he couldn't get it there.

He tried her on the couch,
and up against the wall,
She even sat upon the floor,
But that wouldn't do at all.

He tried her on the hammock,
A place he thought she'd stay,
But just ashet got ready,
The hammock gave away.

He tried her from the front,
He tried her from the rear,
But just as he got ready,
His thing got out of gear.

He tried her this way and that,
and goodness how she laughed,
to see the many different ways,
He tried to get her photograph.


I know you weren't thinking about a photograph!!!

No comments :

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...