Sunday, April 30, 2006

Ray & I had a nice short visit with my family in Orlando. My Uncle Kenny is in town with his girlfriend & we spent nearly all of Saturday with them. It was especially nice since I hadn't seen him in almost 6 years!

We all went to Park Avenue yesterday & walked around the farmer's market. Even though it was about to close there was still a lot to look at. And lots of delicious smelling foods! They had an entire section inside that were all pastries and other foods. Unfortunately, I forgot my camera for the weekend so I didn't get any pictures. It a shame, there was a lovely rose garden we walked through too. I really miss having places like that over here.

We did get to eat lunch at Pannullo's, the little Italian restaurant that Heather & would always go to for grilled chicken pizza. Yesterday I just couldn't get enough of the bread. Its not like to was fabulous, the bread & oil really hit the spot for me. So much so that I gave Megan most of my pizza.

Yesterday evening we had the entire extended family over at my parents for dinner. That hasn't happened in years. At least not where I was able to attend. Even though a lot of my family lives in Orlando I rarely get to see them.

The weather was so nice (although a little cold for me!) & we sat outside & ate a wide array of yumy foods - bacon wrapped shrimp, bean dip & guacamole, fried chicken, focaccia bread & fruit. I couldn't believe we didn't have dessert. Unless the cookies Megan had made in the days ahead of time were supposed to be for dessert & we just ate them when we weren't supposed to. :)

We also played "Name That Tune: 80's Edition." A fun concept, but the game was so limited! The bands were pretty much limited to Queen, George Michael, Wang Chung and someone else who I can't remember for the life of me (very popular though!). Other than that the dvd mostly listed very obsure bands and music that really wasn't very good. We love 80s music and we stared blankly at many of the video clips with bad music not surprised that we hadn't heard something so terrible. I think we still had a lot of fun though. We want to make our own version though, I thinkwe could do a great job.

No comments :

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...