Friday, June 08, 2007

We made it here safe & sound a little after 1:30 yesterday afternoon. We made a couple of stops along the way - Ray's dad's, a nap at a rest area, Starbucks...so it took a bit longer than usual. I also wasn't ready to leave as early as planned Wednesday night.

But, we made it & Addison was such a little trooper on our drive up! She was such a joy to have in the car. She slept through most of the night but woke up once when we stopped. She babbled & blew raspberries for awhile before falling back asleep. She did get incredibly fussy towards the end of the drive. I think she was overly tired so once she fell asleep she was much better.

When we arrived my grandparents met us outside. I took Addison out of the car & my 85-year-old grandfather, "Pawpaw," shook her hand saying, "Howdy. Howdy, welcome to Kentucky." He's so funny.

Addison seems to like Kentucky

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Teething on her bumbo

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


With Ray & Pawpaw on the front porch

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



We've eaten a lot of fried chicken & mashed potatoes since arriving. I was really good & had a big salad for dinner, though. I was so exhausted last night but somehow still managed to stay up until 11.

No comments :

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...