Monday, December 15, 2008

Before Kate was born I made sure to put up the tree & get it decorated. I just used this little one like last year, which made it really easy.

Ray's dad was over last week & said they were going to a tree farm on Sunday & that he wanted us to come & he was going to buy us a tree this year. Honestly, at first I was less than thrilled because with a week & a half until Christmas I really didn't feel like decorating a tree (there was a reason I did it before the baby was born).

But, I gave in & we went to the tree farm yesterday. It was SO much fun! Addison had such a blast running around the farm all around the trees. She also got to visit a little petting zoo they had, filled with pigs, goats, rabbits, ducks, & chickens!

MORE PICTURES HERE



Everyone looks for Christmas trees in 80 degree weather, right? (although, as Amy in Australia pointed out, it's 104 degrees where she's at!)



Kate (all snuggled & sleeping in her sling) & I walking among the trees




I honestly didn't even know that Florida had tree farms until my in-laws told me about it last year. The trees there are so much more affordable, too!

I think this is the first photo we've taken of all of us together as a family of four!




Kate continued her loooong nap on the car ride home (I knew my family would want a picture where you could see her face!)




So, now we have a 6-foot tree sitting in our living room waiting to be decorated. We definitely intend to go back to the tree farm next year, I think it will make great memories for all of us!

No comments :

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...