Sunday, December 07, 2008

With Kate being born in the middle of the night Addison slept through the whole thing & woke up to a baby sister in the house!

She was very interested from the start & right away wanted to hold her, kiss her, hug her, pet her, & so on. This first picture you can see Addison holding her hands out, which is what she does when she wants to hold something/be held.





She's still very interested in loving on the baby but has definitely been experiencing some jealousy & insecurity. Saturday was the worst so far so it's been very helpful having my parents around to help out & make sure she's getting attention.

I'm definitely having fun with a tiny baby in the house - I still can't believe she's over a pound less than Addison! She's is very tiny & has such little body fat that she gets quite cold. I'm really having to bundle her up in order to keep her warm enough to even be able to sleep.



Kate doesn't like to be swaddled either. Addison liked having her arms tucked neatly at her sides but Kate would much rather sleep with them above her head. She's also a cuddler! I love that, Addison has always preferred to be laid down to sleep & just overall independent.

Apparently Kate does like to suck her thumb, just like her sister!




It's also funny how much easier it is having a little baby the second time around. Waking up in the middle of the night isn't as difficult or daunting. And she's so easy to take care of - she sleeps most of the time & I don't have to chase her everywhere!

Being born at home she hasn't seen a pediatrician yet like they do in a hospital so we take her in tomorrow morning. I also have insurance stuff to take care of & all of the tedious little things. I also need to call my piano students - I finally get my break!

No comments :

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...