Thursday, April 16, 2009

Remembering to wash & dry the breast pump parts & even packing the ice packs in the cooler doesn't do much good if I don't actually remember to bring it all with me!

I've been bringing my pump with me to training & pumping on my first break so that I can just get right into bed when I get home. That usually ensures that I can actually make it into bed before midnight! Unfortunately, I really did remember to pack everything up tonight, I just forgot to grab the pump on my way out the door!

So, here I sit. Pumping and watching Leno. That's the one good thing about pumping when I get home, I really do enjoy watching Leno. I especially like his "the economy's so bad..." bit.

Sitting here reminds me of something I'm incredibly thankful for:



My Medela Pump-in-Style double electric breast pump. I'm so glad I splurged on this with the gift cards we received when Addison was born. I didn't use it a whole lot with her, but I'm certainly getting my money's worth out of it now!

I'm also absolutely loving this "Breast-Flow" bottle:



Having breast fed babies who I'm horrible about regularly giving bottles to, they begin to be unable to take them. If you have a breastfed baby you probably know what I mean - they physically can't take a regular bottle because it takes a different suck to get milk from a bottle than from the breast. These bottles are the answer! They're designed wonderfully & the milk comes out of the bottle just like it does from the breast. I would have a starving baby at night if I didn't have this bottle!

Ruth suggested it to me but they're in short supply. Erin had an extra one, still in the packaging, and brought it to me without me even telling her I was looking for one!

Has anyone else tried it? What did you think?

No comments :

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...