Tuesday, April 21, 2009

By the looks of Megans’ and my moms’ blogs I’m not the only one going through a blogging lull. There’s just been so much going on that there hasn’t been time to write. I’ve been wanting to but now I question what I should blog about first: the visits with multiple friends last week? The very generous & unexpected gift given to me by some friends? Our day at Busch Gardens, or blueberry picking, or a visit with family I hadn’t seen in over 15 years?!?

I think I’ll start with the family visit – my two great-aunts from Pennsylvania came to Orlando so Ray, the girls, and I drove over on Saturday. We had a lovely visit & an excellent dinner in the backyard.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


I love this time of year & getting to eat dinner in my parents backyard, it’s so relaxing & peaceful!

So peaceful that Ray fell asleep in the grass!

Photobucket


I absolutely love the look on his face in this photo – he was cuddling Kate before we put her to bed.

Photobucket


Meanwhile, Addison had a grand old time putting her bubbles in my parents’ fountain. Oops, sorry about that, Mom & Dad!

Photobucket


Addison was very sweet when everyone was leaving, giving hugs, kisses, & telling them, "I love you."

Photobucket


Me and my great-aunts: Shirley & Phyllis. Aunt Phyllis, who is in her seventies, just cracks me up. As we were taking these photos she said, "Smile & say 'sex!'"

Photobucket


Aunt Shirley is the one who, many years ago, taught Megan how to do tricks with her eyes. It appears neither of them has lost their touch.

Photobucket


Exhaustion totally set in as the evening wore on & we did end up staying the night. Addison had fun playing in Megan's "tent" - the blanket being held up by Megan's arms & feet.

Photobucket


The guys retreated to their "man cave."

Photobucket


While the guys watched Shooter us girls laughed to The Fully Monty (after Addison was in bed, of course).

No comments :

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...