Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Date night! (again!)

Yes, TWO date nights in a weeks time - if this keeps up I'm going to get spoiled! We don't typically request for Ray's mom to watch the kids so we can go out (she's done it so many other times when we've needed to work & we don't want to take advantage) so when she offers on her own we definitely try to take her up on that offer!

She initially wanted to keep them over Thursday after taking them to the park but Ray had to work that night. So, she picked up the kids Friday evening & kept them until early Saturday afternoon! It felt so luxurious going out & not worrying about rushing back.

Ready for our date! (totally unflattering picture, but I don't care, we're together!




We really didn't know what to do. We had a gift certificate to Outback but thought we'd save it for another time. I've been dying to go to Five Guys since it opened across the street from us last month. When I requested it Ray asked, "Are you sure it's fancy enough for you?"

Ah, dear Ray. I like fancy, but "fancy" is almost never on our itinerary. I guess this means that after 10 years I've still been able to maintain an air of mystery. :) Plus, I really wanted a burger & fries!

The place was PACKED on Friday night & we even ran into one of Ray's old colleagues from his first real estate office.






After dinner we went over to the mall. I had a coupon for a freebie at one of the stores that was about to expire & I had also participated in one-question poll back before Valentine's Day that earned me a $20 mall gift card! I still hadn't picked it up at guest services so I was really hoping it was still there - I was so excited that it was!

Mr. GQ




After a bit more window shopping we ended the night at Barnes & Noble (I know, shocker!) with a frappaccino & stack of magazines. We were so exhuasted that we left shortly before it closed & ended the night catching up on The Office.

Ray had to work at 7 the next morning so I took advantage of not having kids & went to some garage sales in desperate hope of finding some little boy clothes. I didn't do too well, only 3 little pairs of pants (only a quarter each!). I spent some time at Goodwill, too, but found nothing. The combined failure was a bit discouraging as I was really hoping to find some clothes for this new baby!

1 comment :

Katie said...

I think you'll find it more difficult to find boy clothes, even in the stores...at least I do. It's really annoying sometimes to wade through row after row of girl clothes just to get to the boy clothes, and then not see anything worth getting! Good luck finding clothes :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...