Sunday, May 16, 2010

T-minus 5 weeks

Yep, just 5 weeks to go! 1 month and 2 days until my official June 18th due date.

I had a prenatal appointment last Tuesday and the midwife who owns the place, Bea, told me she had a conflict with my due date, that she's going to be out of town the 12-19. I panicked slightly thinking she meant that the other midwife doesn't attend home births but she simply told me, "you're mine!" I guess since she was there when I gave birth to Kate she'd also like to be there for this birth. Bea jokingly said to just "keep my legs crossed" until the 20th.

The birth assistant doing the intake, Meli, asked me if I had any complaints. When I couldn't think of any she gave me the
"are you serious" look & said I was 35 weeks pregnant, I was supposed to complain to her! If I'd just had another day I probably would've had some because by the following day I was feeling a lot more pressure. And, the braxton hicks that I've been having for 20 weeks are now becoming more painful. However, it's not that I don't have ANY complaints, it just seems that if it's not a constant annoyance I kind of forget about it.

I am rather uncomfortable, but it's to be expected at this point. I've also noticed that I'm so hot now that we're back from our trip. While we were away not only did I get bigger but the weather got warmer - I love getting in the car now & turning on the a/c full blast!

Still, all in all, I think this has been the best pregnancy I've had yet. Each one seems to get easier with fewer issues (& less morning sickness!) So, in all my huge glory, here I am at 35 weeks:

PhotobucketPhotobucket



Anyway, I'm seriously excited about this baby coming, I can't believe it's so soon!

2 comments :

Tricia said...

That is one big belly! You look beautiful <3

Anonymous said...

Got seriously excited too! Came everywhere!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...