Thursday, August 19, 2010

Currently...

I've been working on updating my family room a bit. My new slip cover came last week (it's not perfect but much better than my sofa looked!) & I bought some fabric for some of the updates. Here's a little sneak peek:



I did a teeny tiny bit of crafting this week. Other than that I can't think of much else going on.

Starting work this week has probably contributed to that. So far, so good. It all came back to me just like riding a bike. While I don't enjoy the job & it is a bit mindless & mundane, I still take satisfaction in knowing I do the job well. I do have a feeling of dread that I keep at bay knowing that we're going back to the way things were before Clay was born; one of us working until midnight every night but once a week, virtually never seeing each other & being more tired. It's totally doable just not ideal.

I have had great anticipation for this coming weekend. Tomorrow morning is one of our little mommy get togethers, this time at Brianas' house to celebrate Avery's first birthday! It's been awhile since we all hung out & I'm really looking forward to it. THEN, Saturday night is Erin's "mommy shower" - girls night out!!! That's one good thing about the two nights I worked this week, it was like a little trial run for Ray taking care of all of the kids by himself.

I can't wait to go out!

No comments :

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...