Sunday, August 22, 2010

GIRLS NIGHT!!!

Each time we have one of these I feel so rejuvenated afterwards. I wish we had more opportunities to do this more often - for now we just take advantage of every few months one of us having a baby & going out to celebrate!

Yesterday was Erin's celebration & we went out to International Plaza (our "fancy" mall with stores like Tiffany's & Louis Vuitton) for dinner & dessert. As I've mentioned before this is in celebration of the mommy with gifts for her - I wanted to get Erin a gift card to her favorite salon for a pedicure but couldn't make the drive over there. I didn't want to just stuff cash in an envelope so I made this "gift card" holder.



For dinner we went to California Pizza Kitchen,. I got the "small cravings" Mediterranean platter - it was excellent! It was so very me - hummus, pita, feta & cucumber, tomato & kalamata olive salad - delicious! Although, I will say, it really was "small cravings." Very tiny portions which I kind of did on purpose because I wanted to save room for dessert at Cheesecake Factory!

Randa, Rach, Me, Ella & Erin




Godiva chocolate cheesecake & coffee!




For the favors Rach wrapped up chocolate bars in this pretty little paper - she & Ella also included Starbucks gift cards in the favors - hurray! Such a fun fun night, we definitely need to do this more often.



*I know, I do not make an effort to take very good photos with the correct lighting - I leave that to my sister!

Ray kept all of the kids at home while I was out. When I got home he gave me the run down of the evening & I was very impressed & proud of him! Addison spent a bit of time in time out; so much so that he ended up bathing Kate by herself & then bathed Addison & told her she couldn't play at all with her bath toys because she'd lost that privilege. He's been doing so wonderfully at being incredibly patient & consistent when it comes to disciplining lately. By the time I got home all of the kids were in bed & the house was as clean as when I left! (I truly was surprised by that, I thought it would be a mess!)

2 comments :

Tricia said...

Go Ray!

MegKat.com said...

Fun night! Now I want cheesecake :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...