Monday, August 23, 2010

I've been dying to make this announcement

Ray has a new job!!!

We are so thrilled. He'll be working as an accountant for the city in banking & debt management. I'm so proud of him!

He applied for two different accounting positions back in June & had to take two tests. He passed those & then had to answer a list of qualifying questions. Next, he interviewed in front of three people and the next week they called & asked for his references! We really didn't think they'd ask for references if they weren't thinking of hiring him but I was afraid to get my hopes up. Finally, two weeks ago, they called & offered him the job (& they offered him the better position of the two he applied for!).

We still don't know when he starts but it will most likely be close to the end of September. It's going to be so nice to have a salary & benefits &, most likely, to get a second vehicle! We've been a one car family for almost four years now. But, the job is downtown in city hall; I can't drop Ray off every day & I also don't want to be stuck at home every day so hopefully we'll be able to get another car soon.

The big question everyone has been asking: Will we be able to quit Hilton?

As of now, no.

I don't think it will make much of a difference for me but I'm not sure how Ray's going to do it, that's going to be a lot on his plate. The whole reason we'll continue working Hilton is simply because we racked up debt when the real estate market turned sour &, with it, our income disappeared. If we quit Hilton it could take years to pay off. If we can continue to work both jobs then we'll probably have a tough couple of months in regards to our time but, it will get us out of debt so much sooner. I think I'd rather have several more tough months instead of several more tough years. (This is what I'm telling myself as I really dislike one of us working every night of the week except Saturday)

In anticipation of starting the job we're taking a vacation! As you may remember we like to take Autumn trips when possible but we're obviously not going to take off a month after Ray starts a new job. So, this morning Ray told me we're leaving this Saturday! I'm so excited!!! I have a feeling after going up north it will really get me in the mood for Fall.

3 comments :

Katie said...

That's really exciting Jessica! Glad to hear things are going well.

Morgan said...

Congratulations to your family! How exciting! And, have a great trip celebrating. Can't wait to hear about it! :)

Lisa said...

That is exciting news! So pleased for you guys :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...