Monday, September 13, 2010

Home Again

We made it! From beautiful Fall-like weather (it was 59-degrees when we got up Saturday morning!) to pulling into our neighborhood at 97-degrees. I'm hot. Really hot.

I was also glad to walk into our house & see that it was so nice & tidy! Even though I knew I left it that way it was still a good feeling coming home to a clean place. It was still weird walking in though. Does anyone else feel that way when they come home after a vacation? My house always seems a little different as if I'm seeing it through new eyes. It's a really strange feeling & slightly uncomfortable to have your very familiar home seem not-so-familiar.

I was also glad to have all of those meals that I froze. I was able to pop a lasagna in the oven for dinner. Which was perfect because I taught piano about an hour after we got home & Ray started work 10 minutes after my piano finished.

Tonight, I'm hoping for a good nights sleep in my own bed. Big news - Clay slept completely through the night for the first time on Saturday night! He went to bed a little later than normal but still slept about 11.5 hours. I remember the first time Addison slept through the night; she was a couple weeks younger than Clay, slept 13 hours (I was a little worried!) & we were also at Ruth & Ernie's house. I'm hoping now that we're home that this will be a new pattern that Clay will keep up.

No comments :

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...