Friday, October 22, 2010

(This one is for you, Soph)

I read through my last post again this morning & it sounded a bit like a downer! I didn't mean for it to come across that way, I was just trying to be "honest" without being too whiney but I think it came across more melancholy than I intended. It's just been a rough week but nothing that feels like the end of the world.

Last night Ray asked if I'd like to meet him for lunch today. He was in training today & was able to take a longer lunch than usual. So, we picked him up & went to IKEA. We only really had time for lunch & a quick time to let the kids play with the toys upstairs, but I really wanted to look around - the clearance signs always suck me in!

I had Clay in the stroller sitting up for the first time - he realized what's he's been missing out on seeing by being strapped into his car seat all the rest of the time! (I like him being in the car seat in the stroller, it's nice being able to look in at the baby while you push them) :)



Rush through lunch and eat...ICE CREAM!




Ray taught Addison the beauty of salty & sweet - dipping potato chips in ice cream




I came back to the table with our ice cream to some "dude" conversation - Ray chatting it up with Conrad on the phone.




It was a nice treat visiting with Ray in the middle of the day, I wish it could've lasted longer!

I still have on my wish list to one day go to IKEA without any kids - that's NEVER happened which means I've still yet to fully have the IKEA experience of actually looking at everything! For Christmas, may I please have some time? (And, you know, a little cash wouldn't hurt either!)

3 comments :

Sophia said...

=) Thanks. I say that you should come here, leave the kiddo's with your mom, I'll leave my kids, and we go to Ikea, sans kids, together!!!

Jessica said...

Um, YES! I'm all over that! :)

Tricia said...

Little Claymond is so cute!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...