Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving Week

Yesterday we continued with our Thanksgiving projects by making paper plate turkeys. Granted, it's uncertain whether or not they actually ate turkeys at the first Thanksgiving but as it is a symbol of our traditional "modern" Thanksgiving I felt it an appropriate (& fun) reminder of our holiday of thanks.

We talked about the first Thanksgiving again & when I asked Addison what she was thankful for she told me for God dying on the cross. Which, of course, was the perfect opportunity to talk about the gospel again.

(Today she randomly told me - with a very happy attitude & smiling - that God disciplines us because He loves us. Just like I discipline her because I love her!)

I don't know what happened to her shirt...








Addison also begged to make cookies to take for Thanksgiving but we didn't have time. She was still asking to make them today so we threw together a quick half batch of chocolate chip.

Addison had the biggest smiled & was waving her arms in the air declaring, "I'm so excited we're making cookies!" I even captured the moment, see?



Hey, everyone's wearing clothes today!


2 comments :

Tricia said...

I like how you even got Clay is in the picture :)

Lisa said...

I love how your kids always end up half-dressed! lol. Such free spirits! E is the same. Although, usually, she ends up in undies and a top... or just undies :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...