Monday, November 29, 2010

Tree Hunters

On Saturday we went on the search for the perfect Christmas Tree. Actually, this was the least amount of time we've ever spent looking for a tree & we went about two weeks earlier than we have in previous years. (& our car didn't catch on fire this time, yay!) They had rather slim pickings as 500 of their trees were diseased & had to be cut down. I was rather glad not to have as much variety, it made it much easier to choose one.

When asked, Addison said she wanted this tree - the second tallest one at the whole tree farm!




We also visited the petting zoo while we were there. The kids really love the animals. I was perfectly happy to stand outside the fence & take pictures.




Addison leaned down to kiss the goat & wrinkled her nose to tell me, "He stinks!"




When she pet him she pulled away. "He licked my hand! That's gross." Definitely my kid.



The kids loved running around the trees. Kate is so happy-go-lucky & wants to do whatever her sister is doing.






Addison is very much into taking photos now so I let her take one of me & Clay.




We found the "perfect" tree for us - nice & full around 7 ft.





This was our third year in a row going to the tree farm & I'm loving this tradition!

1 comment :

Caroline said...

Addison is getting so big!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...