Thursday, December 09, 2010

It's beginning to smell a lot like Christmas

Yesterday began Christmas cooking baking! We were ALL awake around 6am so I pulled the butter out to let it begin to soften & get an early start on baking. I didn't take into account our very unFlorida-like cold weather (seriously, it was around 30 when I woke up in the morning!) & two hours later my butter felt as hard as when I took it out of the fridge.



I really want to find a new cookie to try this season (the newest issue of Taste of Home had some good-sounding recipes in it) but there are several cookies that I grew up with at Christmas time that I must make now. No matter what else, I always make these three:

1. Snowballs (pecan shortbread rolled in powdered sugar)
2. Pecan Tassies (they taste like bite-size pecan pies!)
3. Peanut Butter Blossoms (peanut butter cookies with a hershey kiss in the middle - one of Ray's favorites!)

Addison was a very good helper.



The girls really enjoyed the peanut butter blossoms. Shortly after this photo Kate had chocolate all over her face!



A productive baking morning!



I think I did this baking earlier in the month than I normally do so I feel like I should have more time to try some new recipes now!

2 comments :

Meg said...

Those are the three cookies I'm wanting!! Looks yummy :)

Anonymous said...

Those look good! You should mail some to helpless puerto ricans living in AZ ;-)

-Jr.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...