Monday, December 20, 2010

The weekend

I feel like I haven't been getting in many real updates. I suppose, just like everyone else, we're busy!

Thursday I baked a new kind of heavenly mint chocolate cookie which Katie told me about. I felt like staying home on Friday but wanted company so I put out an open invite on facebook for people to come over & eat cookies - I was very happy Briana took me up on the offer! She felt the exact opposite of me & wanted to get out of the house.

Addison, Kate & Avery





On Saturday Addison had her first ever dance recital! Thursday was the dress rehearsal & for her class performace they were to dress as Santa.



I was so impressed that Addison actually got onstage & danced! She's so different from me, I was terrified of that kind of thing when I was younger. The performance was actually held in the auditorium of Rays' old high school!




Addison with some of the girls in her class after the performance




After Addisons' recital we went to Sam's Club & had hot dogs & ice cream as a treat for dinner. Next we went with the masses to the mall so Ray could take advantage of Christmas money & 30% off! We were there during the Christmas Tree light show & I took the kids outside for part of the show. Addison was so excited when it "snowed!" (i.e. tiny soap bubbles) I even caught her jumping in the air.



Kate was just tired & not too excited about the "snow"




On Sunday evening we had our annual Sunday School Christmas program. I love the church Christmas program every year, it's been a favorite of mine since I was young.

Ray's older Sunday School class helped out the two younger classes for a performance of the nativity story. Addison was an angel & I played the piano when they sang their songs.



Kate was pretty good during the two run throughs before the actual performance & sat for about half of the time.




It helps when adults let her play with their iphones!





The food afterwards was excellent! I rather liked how the tables were set up, too. Lots of variety!






We didn't get home with the kids in bed until around 10:00 & we were all tired! I woke up around 6 to make Ray his breakfast (I was too tired to do it the night before) & then, despite the late night, the kids were awake before 7! before they woke up though I bundled myself up & crawled around in the attic looking for Kate's 2T clothes. I knew they had to be there because Addison had clothes to wear when she was that age but we hadn't been able to find them. It would have helped if I hadn't mislabeled the bin they were in. oops. At least I found them this morning & she now has long-sleeve tops to wear!

Around 9 we met up with Ashley & Heather at Citrus Park mall for a bit of an impromptu visit while they were both in town. It was a nice morning coffee/chatting date with a little window shopping.



How cute are they? Ashley is around 33 weeks & Heather is 25 weeks.




Tomorrow I think I'll make a quick trip out in the morning but I plan to spend most of the week at home with the kids. I'm hoping to make a gingerbread house with them, too!

2 comments :

Katie said...

Glad you liked them!
Looks like a fun weekend!

Addison looks cute in her santa outfit!

Unknown said...

You look SO PRETTY in that second to last picture!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...