Friday, January 14, 2011

Giddy, Giddy, Giddy

Yes, all week, I've been giddy with excitement thinking about our weekend away! So excited that I actually get stomach flutters when I think about it!

I've been dutifully pumping milk this week for Clay as he's nowhere near weaning yet & barely eats any real food (the not so glamourous side of going away without the kids). Speaking of which, I still can't believe we get to go away without the kids! The fact that my mom offered makes it all the nicer, as I'm hesitant to ask people for those favors. I never want people to think I'm taking advantage of them so it's easier for me take take them up on the offer when it was their idea!

My parents gave us a gift certificate to a favorite Italian restaurant of mine on Park Avenue (the same place Ray & I ate at on my eighteenth birthday almost ten years ago!) so I think we'll go there for dinner tomorrow night. I also want to make sure we stop in at the new chocolate shop that just opened up down there as I've heard it's wonderful! I'm also excited to wear the pretty new dress I bought last week - Ray hasn't seen it yet but I'm sure he'll like it!

Sunday plans: sleep-in. Enjoy leisurely breakfast downstairs. Laze around the room watching cable & reading. Carrabbas for dinner (with my gift certificate). Maybe Barnes & Noble.

I'm actually glad we'll only be a few miles away from my parents' house, just. in. case. The girls are always fine & I'm sure Clay will be okay, too, but it's nice to know we're close by in case something comes up.

I'm just looking forward to having a day of pure relaxation where no one expects anything from me! Just a little break from the norm, time for Ray & I to reconnect & rest.

We're hoping to leave as early as possible tomorrow morning & hit some outlets & such on our way to drop off the kids. Monday morning we'll pick them back up (okay, if I have my way we probably won't pick them up until lunch time!) & head back home.

3 comments :

Amy said...

Have a great time Jessica, it sounds fabulous!

Lisa said...

Have a great time! :) I wish I were brave enough to leave B - but she only occasionally will take a bottle of expressed milk, so it freaks me out.

I hope you feel soooooo relaxed by then end!

Tricia said...

I've been excited all week thinking about getting to keep the kids!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...