Thursday, January 13, 2011

Dream Job

I seriously love spending time with my kids. Of course, I look forward to breaks. Child-rearing is exhausting & a break can help to recharge; whether it's an hour at nap time, a Saturday morning grocery shopping alone or even a weekend away, I find that time apart helps me to regroup. And, not just with the kids, with anything. Projects, cleaning...you name it.

Ever since I was a kid I aspired to be a stay-at-home mom & never could pinpoint any other career that sounded incredibly appealing. Which means I'm now doing what I always wanted to do! How many people get to say that?

The paper bag owl puppets we made this week




There are rough days. It's not all roses and, I am honest about that, my friends can attest to that fact. But with the rough days I remind myself that this time of the kids being so young & more demanding is going to go by so quickly. And, I'm positive I'll miss these days when they have passed.

For now, between dealing with accidents, temper tantrums & power struggles, we also get to enjoy our time together. The girls love circle time in the morning, filled with singing, reading, memorizing & praying. Addison gets worried when we haven't done our school work yet: "Oh no, Mom, we forgot to do school today!" (Really it's still early in the day & she's just anxious to do her work!)

Last night when I came out of the office on a break Addison was sitting next to Ray on the sofa. "Mommy, I'm drawing you!"




We also play the fun game of "set, mark, go!" (Addisons' phrase) which consists of running back & forth the length of our house through the oversized hallway (one of my favorite features in our house!).

Addison generously piled Clays' toys around him for him to play with.






Kate is seriously a ham. I was taking photos of things to list on ebay & she wanted me to take her picture. This is her "cheese" face.




Yep, even when I'm tired or the kids are throwing a fit & driving me crazy, it all becomes much better when I remember to cherish this time knowing how quickly it will pass.

2 comments :

william2233 said...

Cute pictures, from a children author

Jessica said...

Thank you. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...