Monday, January 10, 2011

Zoo animals

That is our theme for this week. Today we made cute little paper bag owls. Addison was so excited to make it & loved her owl! We received the materials from Rays' aunt, who works for the library system, & she gave them to us several weeks ago from a library project they did with the kids.

I don't have pictures but Addison put the owl on her arm & "flew" it around the house & then came to the kitchen so the owl could "talk" to me while I made dinner.

Addison, through the owl, would say, "hoo, hoo, hoo" & wanted me to respond. Not by saying "hoo, hoo, hoo" back but something along the lines of, "No, owl, you can't have any lasagna."

And the owl would reply, "hoo, hoo, hoo."

This went on for awhile.

I love having so much time to do projects with the kids & it's so much fun seeing them learn!

No comments :

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...