Monday, May 23, 2011

Oops

The house has been driving me crazy, I feel like I'm always a step behind on something. And, as anyone with young mobile children will probably tell you, the house can look fabulous and not 15 minutes later appear to be a wreck.

So, bring on Monday, I planned to make a serious dent in bringing the cleanliness back to our home. I also thought that we might go to Sam's this morning so I can figure out the cost of the snacks I'm planning for VBS. However, the behavior of one certain four-year-old nixed that idea.

Instead, I did the normal routine with the kids: devotions while eating breakfast, circle time and then school. The girls were in the middle of coloring while I was dusting the house (still in my pj's because, why get showered & dressed just to get all sweaty again while cleaning, right?) when the doorbell rang. I was going to ignore it, figuring it was a sales person or something but they wouldn't leave. They rang the doorbell again. They knocked. They tapped their fingers on the door. I finally caught a glimpse through the window & recognized my friends who live in another neighborhood in our community.

I cracked open the door (since I wasn't totally presentable in my pajamas) & Dan told me, "Here we thought you might like these tomatoes," & while I'm taking a the bag from him I remember:

OH. MY. I'm supposed to be driving them to the airport this morning.


Insert incredibly panicked thoughts here while keeping a calm exterior

"Thanks, Dan. I'll be right out, let me get the kids together."

I then run to the back of the house, throw some clothes on & put my hair in a pony tail, grab the kids & get out the door. This was all done in an amazing 2-3 minutes.

(I'm now incredibly thankful I get the kids dressed as soon as they get out of bed in the morning.)

Of course, once I get out the door & we're loading the kids & luggage into the van I totally confessed to Dan & Marilyn that I completely forgot about taking them to the airport.

It was nice to get out of the house & visit with friends during the drive. And, even with the hour & a half taken out of the day I still managed to dust, vacuum, mop, do two loads of laundry & make two dinner meals.

While we were still home this morning Addison decided that today was my birthday & she decorated the family room for my "party."




I love that for the decorations she lined up some of her books on the back of the sofa. She also arranged some of her play food on the coffee table for the "party."

Also, I purchased our new camera tonight! I can't wait for it to arrive, it should be sometime this week!

No comments :

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...