Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Miss Sensitive Teeth

Yes, that's me. Combining my love of sugary coffee drinks with the draining of minerals & vitamins from my body over the past 5 years has led to multiple cavities. (after living a cavity-free life for 23 years!)

I was told over a year ago that I had three cavities that need filled & finally went today to take care of it. Babysitters are hard to come by & fillings aren't cheap! I was a nervous wreck that my teeth had become much worse & my whole body was tense as could be (plus, even when numbed, it's still uncomfortable).

I was relieved that the cavities weren't too bad, the one in my molar was even able to be filled without any numbing! Unfortunately, he also found three new cavities.

Once home & I could feel my mouth again I had a horrible shooting pain on one of the teeth that was filled. It had been a tiny cavity on my gum line, but, the pain is on the front of my tooth. This meant another two-hour trip back to the dentist, this time with the kids. It also meant I was tense with nerves, again.

I was told that because my teeth are so sensitive this is just something that may happen whenever I have a cavity filled. He put bonding over the tooth & I'm to go back next week to have it polished down.

Thankfully, it is feeling better than it was earlier. I do hope the pain goes completely away, it never hurt before I had the cavity filled!

1 comment :

Briana said...

I'm glad you finally made it to the dentist. I really need to visit mine too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...