Monday, October 24, 2011

Girlfriends

I'm so thankful for the many many close Godly girlfriends that I have.

While it doesn't happen as often as I'd like, when we have the opportunity to get together & chat for awhile it's always so uplifting & encouraging.

It's also a blessing that my girlfriends have kids who can play with mine while we talk (usually over coffee, of course!). Really, though, I come away from our conversations so encouraged.

Sometimes I have a difficult time getting up the energy for play dates, but, I'm always glad when I make the time for them. I've found that spur-of-the-moment works best for us. Lately, it seems that if I try to plan stuff it ends up falling through half the time. Last Sunday we were driving home from church & made a call to friends who were also driving home & they made a detour & joined us for lunch as at our place (mess & all!). Yesterday I made plans with Ella to come over today. The weather was fabulous (again!) & we were able to enjoy the time outside on the back porch while the kids played in the yard.

Unfortunately, I haven't been as attached to my camera lately & I have much fewer pictures of our goings on. This Saturday is our Sunday School picnic & I plan on taking lots of photos there!

No comments :

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...