Friday, October 28, 2011

Purple and Gold

I've been getting ideas for the girls birthday party for months now but it suddenly hit me that the date is just a month away! I've finally begun making the decorations. This means cutting out yards upon yards of purple and yellow felt. Here is the inspiration for the main party decor. I love it!





This is where I'm at so far:




That's a lot of little felt suns! Thankfully, work has been slow (I guess people aren't wanting to make many hotel reservations now - or, perhaps guests have finally realized they can find the same rates are online!) and between calls I've had the time to cut out the little felt suns.

Today I also took the time to take care of some of those nitty gritty organizing & cleaning details that have been bothering me. I organized a bunch of little things & put them in a proper place; things like glue, batteries, command hooks, etc. I also wiped down baseboards, window sills, the outside of the microwave, washed out the trash can, cleaned the oven & gave Clay a hair cut, among other things!

It feels so good to get things like that taken care of! I wish I had time to do...more! Why does it seem there's just never ever enough time??

2 comments :

Megan Lee said...

Let me know if there's anything I can do to help with decorations. I can't wait to see how it looks. Your parties are always so creative!

Tricia said...

There is a new holiday Pier One commercial on tv that shows a beautiful party table. When your dad saw it he said, "That looks like something Jessica would do." :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...