Friday, September 14, 2012

Broken Finger

Today I was trying to close the stubborn bi-fold closet door in the hallway. It was stuck on something & I finally gave it a good shove & put all of my weight behind it. The door closed & bounced right back open because my index finger was in the fold of the two doors when it closed. Ouch.



The pain was incredibly excruciating & I immediately sat down & iced my finger. There was minimal bleeding & noticeable bruising under the nail bed & on the bottom of my finger. Over the next couple of hours the bruising became darker & started to wrap around the side of my finger.


The entire tip is numb & swollen. The skin is tight to the touch from all of the swelling. I became concerned enough that I went to the urgent care clinic when Ray got home.


In less than 30 minutes they'd examined me, taken x-rays & found that I did indeed break the tip of my finger. I was instructed to wear this splint & to soak my finger in a glass of ice water - & to give it a month to heal!


The pain is still terrible, but, more tolerable with ibuprofen. I just don't know how I'm going to do all of my normal tasks for the next month!

2 comments :

Lisa said...

owww that looks painful. I hope it heals quickly!

Mukul Kanchan said...

the same has happened to me... how long did it take to heal?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...