Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!


There are many things I have to be thankful for this year. Life for us has been as close to idyllic as ever.

The big stress of the part-time job we were both working is gone. It's been 5 months since we BOTH quit and that has been life-changing. I'm very thankful for the family time we have gained, the peacefulness that it brings to our home.

So many little luxuries have been granted to us in the past year, too. The biggest has been the addition of a second car! That also aids in a more relaxing home, cutting out the rushing around & coordinating of naps, errands, dinner, work and picking up Daddy, all in the right time sequence. Even the ability to run errands at 4 in the afternoon is nice! Before a second car & quitting our jobs anything that needed done during the day had to be complete by 1pm.

There are the silly little modern conveniences, too; cable, smartphone, entertainment unit, new bath towels, a couples cross-country getaway...two years ago I wouldn't have believed any of that would be in my life!

I love that I get to spend so much time with the kids. I'm very thankful for the luxury of homeschooling them & I get such joy from their company! You know I desperately need my breaks and alone time (that's no secret), but, there's an overwhelming joy derived from being with them. I love seeing the kids learn and grasp concepts; watching them play together & their friendship with each other grow deeper; I even enjoy running errands with them, watching them enjoy their little delights of looking at toys in the store, getting cookies from the bakery & picking out items for me at the grocery store.

I just love being with the kids!

This is an enjoyment that has also increased since quitting our other job. It's easier for me to let myself take the time to play with the kids, sit down & read with them, and do puzzles and crafts together.

This week the girls made "thankful trees" in preparation of Thanksgiving.



Last night they all joined me in making pumpkin parfaits to take to my parents' for Thanksgiving today. I think they'll be delicious!


I hope everyone has a wonderful day & many things to give thanks for this year!

1 comment :

villagegirl said...

Happy Thanksgiving! We have a neighbour that is American and she often puts on a Thanksgiving spread for a few of us neighbours so we'll be celebrating up here too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...