Saturday, August 31, 2013

Asheville Fun

Last week we drove up to Asheville to visit my family!!! I hadn't seen them in over six months; not long for some, but, the longest I've ever gone without seeing them.

We left Tuesday after our Classical Conversations community day. I nursed Jackson at 5pm, we left at 6pm & we arrived in Asheville at 3:12 am!!! Ray & I were a bit overly excited at how quick we made the drive - I'm sure the exhaustion was getting to us! We only had to stop once on our drive up & that was to fill up the van with gas. Jackson went his longest stretch yet between nursing, 10.5 hours! His normal night time stretch between nursings is usually 9 hours.

Ray & I went to sleep for a bit after arriving at my parents while the kids stayed up with Megan in her office/bedroom basement. We mostly had a lazy day at the house, but, my mom & I did go out in the afternoon for some time on the town! (Of course Jackson joined us)

Our first stop was a local coffee house, Waking Life Espresso, listed as one of the best in the city. My drink of choice when trying new locations is a simple mocha. They usually don't disappoint! Waking Life wasn't too bad. The ambiance cracked me up - I've never been in a coffee house SO mellow. All of the patrons were extremely quiet, the music was meditative & the barista was incredibly laid back. All smiles & "yeah, no worries..."


After the coffee my mom took me driving around downtown. On a whim we made a stop at LAB - Lexington Avenue Brewery for a flight & delicious, enormous pretzels!



As if that wasn't enough we then walked down the street to French Broad Chocolate Lounge. Typically packed with a line out the door, there were only a few people in line at this time & even the sofa had open seating! We made a stop & I indulged in their pure dark drinking chocolate & a coconut macaroon brownie. My mom & I are pretty die-hard about home made goodies but we couldn't get over how amazing that brownie was!



My mom & Jackson cuddling at the chocolate lounge.



This was a wonderful way to start off our trip!

1 comment :

Erin said...

I am sooo jealous that Jackson slept for so long!! I'm sure that made for a much easier trip for you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...