Friday, April 25, 2014

My Day In Pictures

The other day I found
 my post from a few years ago when I chronicled my day in pictures & I was inspired to do it again.

6:26am: I overslept my almost an hour. I didn't get up until just before 6:30. A few minutes after I got up I heard Jackson making noise in his crib so I got him up. While nursing him I did my devotions. Right now I'm doing a wonderful study on spiritual gifts with some of my co-workers (fellow support managers with Classical Conversations)!

A few minutes after that, while still nursing Jackson, Addison woke up & came & laid down next to me on the sofa.

Ray left for work late so he was still at home at this point. He was able to see the two kids who were awake before he left. Jackson practiced his standing at the coffee table.

I quickly checked some things on the computer, including getting some work e-mails out of the way.

Clay woke up at some point in here. I gave breakfast to he & Addison & Kate woke up. She decided to lay on the floor with Jackson & had no interest in getting up for breakfast.

I quickly ate some leftovers for breakfast while standing at the kitchen island.

Kate asked me to cuddle with her for a bit.

I remembered that Jackson needed a diaper change!

I also realized that the kids needed their nails trimmed. I was able to do the fingernails on both boys & Kate.

We all joined together at the kitchen table for our morning Bible time, which is what we usually do during breakfast together. Right now we're studying different character qualities using "The Blessing Chart." (same charts my mom had when we were kids!)

This week we were discussing reverence in church. This is when we also work on our Bible memorization & read a story from a kids Bible story picture book.

Next, we did a bit of school.

Jackson also tried some of his siblings leftover yogurt. He was tired so I went ahead & put him down for a nap.

Clay loves to do work, too!

While walking around the table I bumped into the file holder on the wall. One of the screws was already coming out of the wall & my bump sent the whole thing crashing down.

9:00am: I had a two-hour online webinar scheduled. Netflix time for the kids! (Still hijacking my moms' account) Ray's dad bought us a Wii two Christmases ago...we use it for netflix.

I quickly made a cup of coffee.

I secluded myself in my bedroom for the webinar.

Our chapel Sunday School picnic was scheduled for the next day & on a whim I decided to come up with an activity for the kids. In between taking notes I put together this tape candy ball for the picnic.

It only took about 20 minutes to wrap. That thing was heavy! (The kids sat in a circle & while one person rolls two die trying to get doubles another person gets to unroll as much of the tape as they can & keep all of the candy they come across until the person gets doubles. Then, the die & ball are passed. Thank you, pinterest!)

My meeting ended 45 MINUTES EARLY! That almost never happens! It was my 4th webinar of the week & the first one went 15 minutes over time.

I used the extra time for a few minutes of fun Internet time (the kids were still in the family room watching tv) & showering. After my shower Kate asked me to paint her nails. In a pattern. Pink, purple, green, pink, purple, green.

Time to get Jackson up & feed & change him again!

I remember that there was a load of laundry in the wash from the night before.

Time for lunch & reading. Right now I'm reading the Chronicles of Narnia series to the kids.

1:00 is rest time in our house! The kids go to play in the rooms & I work and/or do house work. Jackson seemed sleepy so I put him to bed again.

Time for more coffee!

Another lady & I made jars of fun food to guess the number of for our picnic. With the picnic a day away, it was time for me to count my items. I picked chocolate covered espresso beans & little pickles. 

Clay came out from rest time & told me that Kate painted his nails. Whoops, I forgot to put that away.

I see that Kate & Clay have taken over my room for rest time. This includes finding as many blankets as they can & piling them on the floor.

I finish counting my items & move onto ironing some of Ray's dress shirts while catching up on hulu.

Turns out this guy wasn't as tired as I'd thought. He joined me in the living room. 

I finished the ironing & moved onto folding laundry. Jackson had an explosive diaper. Always fun. NOW it was time for him to nap.

3:00. Rest time is over & the kids are asking for peanut butter & jelly for a snack.

I got distracted by my bedroom. I made the kids put their blankets away & then I tidied up my room. I finally made my bed, too.

Addison need to find her soccer shorts for her game that night. She goes to look in the van - that backseat had just been cleaned out the week before!

I got distracted by the messy van & began to clean it out. On one of my trips inside I discovered Jackson sitting in the living room. I guess he woke up so Addison got him out of bed.

I don't understand how the kids sneak so much into the backseat of the van so quickly.

A pre-game snack for the kids.

Dishes & a very messy kitchen for me to clean.

5:45: Not enough time to get everything clean, but, daddy made it home in time for soccer! We left for the games & here they were yelling, "Soccer!"

Clay's game was first. He's really good at dribbling the ball!

I stayed for a few minutes & then went to Target. I was so thankful that I had a gift card so that I could treat myself to coffee!

I glanced at the nail polish, I'm really wanting to get a new color!

I also needed new shorts so I found a pair to try on. Jackson loved the 3-way mirror!

I picked up a gluten free brownie mix to make for the church picnic the next day. While walking through the store I went by the athletic clothes. Just looking at them makes me feel so fit & sporty. That's the reason I bought my yoga pants earlier this year, thinking they would inspire me to work out more. Turns out they're actually comfy lounge wear for around the house.

I went back to the soccer fields & made it as the girls were starting their game. Ray's mom & grandmother came to watch for the first time that night, too.

I set Jackson in the grass for the first time. He saw this as an opportunity to try to eat the grass.

8:30Home from the games; it was time to eat again.

Ray got the kids ready for bed.

I was on a mission to finish the dishes (didn't happen) & pick up the house (mission accomplished).

Time for more laundry.

The kitchen floor was in desperate need of being swept.

10:04pm: I sat down to work, pay bills & watch some tv.

Sending off W-9s to some of my workers!

Looking for a new liability insurance policy for CC. Two years ago I paid $120 for the year. Last year I paid $180. This year they want to charge me $325!!! I hope to find someone less expensive.

11:40. I'm exhausted & crash on the sofa, but, not before setting my alarm. I fall asleep watching tv, something I don't usually do, but, hey, it was the weekend! (Ray fell asleep on the sofa before 11:00)


Tricia said...

I loved this post and getting to see the kids and what you do, I miss you all so much. Thank you!

No for the voice of your mother: you need more sleep and less caffiene; you're killing your adrenals.

That is all.

Just Me said...

My goodness gracious, Jessica, you have exhausted me just from reading about your day! You are amazing. I agree with your mom about the sleep and coffee, however, you tired me out so much that I need to go make a cup for myself. :-)


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...