Tuesday, September 08, 2009

I'm glad to say that Addison & I are the only ones who got sick - Ray & Kate never came down with anything. Addison was over it in just two days - I think it took me longer because I couldn't rest like she could! Thankfully, we were pretty much well by Sunday but we were tired & stayed home for the day anyway.

I can't believe how many people I know who are sick right now - not people I've been in contact with either, but people all the way down in South Florida to all the way up in Pennsylvania. Guess there was something going around for the holiday weekend.

I was just glad we were well so that I could keep my plans to get together with Heather. We met up with the kids (minus her oldest who was at the zoo) at Barnes & Noble for some simple chatting & coffee - favorite past time! After that we had a nice impromptu get together over at Con & Rach's. It was so nice & lots of fun!











The "problem" is that being with friends I laughed so much that it ignited my cough - ugh!

That was the weird thing with this illness, or whatever it was. All I had was a very mild fever & the tickle in my throat/cough. No sore throat, no stuffy nose, no nausea. It makes me wonder how much of it was allergy related. I was having a horrible allergy attack the weekend before & could feel it morph into blahness. Addison had also been coughing since the previous week when she'd be sleeping & then developed that mild fever for two days. I just don't know.

What I do know, is that even after getting better it takes FOREVER for the hoarse sound & cough to go away. Plus, my allergies are still attacking me.I hate still sounding sick even when I'm not. But, I was coughing so much when I was sick, plus talking a lot (with friends plus working 4 hours on Sunday & 12 hours today) I sound worse now than I did last week. At least it was nothing serious, but if it did stem from allergies I hope that doesn't mean I'll be coming down with more of this now.

No comments :

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...