Sunday, November 16, 2003

Have you seen those new KFC commercials? You know, the ones promoting their low carb, high protein sandwiches for all those Atkins and South Beach people? Look very closely at that small print at the bottom of the screen: "Not a low-fat, low-sodium, low-cholesterol food." Yum. Sure makes me want one.

On those same lines, the sale of pork rinds has gone up 23% in the past year. Why? Its the only salty, crunchy snack food with no carbs in it.

I'm telling you those people are all going to be dying of heart disease in a few years....

------

Last night I made us fettuccine alfredo. It was definitely good, but I felt kind of gross afterwards. I'm not sure if it was the psychological reason of knowing how bad all of it was for me or just because it made me so full & the garlic was a little strong. The good thing was since I made it I know what goes in it and I significantly cut back on the fat and stuff. I'm very proud of that. :) I also bought precooked, packaged chicken. I know, the shame. But we don't have a real grill and this was the only way to get chicken for this thing and my salads. And it was actually pretty good.

------

My studying is going relatively well. I got a lot done yesterday, but I'm not sure if it was as much as I had hoped. I know I still did well though and I have a few more days to get stuff done.

AND, including my finals, I only have four weeks left of class. Since that includes the Thanksgiving holiday Nearly all of my classes are canceled for a day or two. Very sweet. In my psycho professional writing class I only have 5 classes left. That guy is completely insane. In fact, if you'd like read some "lovely" evaluations of him go here. This just gives me the satisfaction of being able to let people know I'm not making this stuff up about him.

Well, its about that time to get ready for church. We have that potluck today too so I've been up making a big thing of mashed potatoes this morning. One of my favorite foods....

No comments :

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...